Calender covers


I get to do illustrations for our weekly calender/weekend publication from time to time and this one was on a fun topic. Merrie Leininger did a story on where to find strong drinks around the Reno area and we came up with this concept for the cover. Where do you go if you want to get bombed (get it, bombed?). I have little (none, actually) first-hand knowledge on the subject so I had to ask my co-workers all kinds of questions to make sure I got the drinks right. "Martinis aren't the ones with salt on the rims, right?"

I spent a couple of hours making this illustration and it printed well. The problem is that the paper we use in the newspaper is very much like toilet paper. All the detail I put into my drawings usually disappears. I suppose I should stop worrying about all the minor things like the fire and reflections in the glass but, I get too attached to how things look.

So, for my sake more than yours, here are a few detail shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.