Dusting off the sketchbook


Another sketch done during a meeting while I still worked at The Desert Sun. No, they didn't fire me for drawing my coworkers.



The one of Matt Solinsky, Sports Editor in Palm Springs, was one of my favorites for a long time. I don't think a successful sketch is one that looks exactly like someone. A sketch is only successful if it resembles someone but makes them look bad.



More work sketches.




Some sketches of Lincoln and one done at church. His name escapes me now but he was the most energetic conductor I have ever seen in my life.


Work sketches. The girl above (Julie something) now works for Marketplace on NPR. The other is another take on my old boss, Rick Green. The first one was happy Rick, this one is angry Rick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.