Changing course



I had to take break from the other story for a day so I did this one last night. It goes with a poem about a guy who was in the shower too long and came out looking like a raisin, obviously. I had been working on it for about an hour when I realized that it looked more scary than funny, which isn’t such a good idea for a children’s book. I had to change course and am pleased with the final image.





Here’s what he looked like before I realized how hideous it was. Eek!

I change my mid halfway through illustrations all the time, I guess I’m just not the kind of person who sees the final product in my mind and I’m always surprised at what I end up with.

4 Comments:

  1. James said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    James said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    James said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    James said...
    Josh, I'm proud of you. Sorry for the 3 deleted comments. I can be odd at times....okay, most of the time.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.